Table of Contents
- Cups should conveniently be present so that only the driver must be installed.
Driver for the printer
- There is a documentation for Ubuntu here.
- In Arch it's the same but driver installation is much easier by using the AUR.
- If you have installed it, aurget can find the necessary package and download it.
aurget -S epson-alc1100-filter
- Or you download the PKGBUILD manually
mkdir epson-alc1100-filter cd epson-alc1100-filter wget http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/epson-alc1100-filter/epson-alc1100-filter/PKGBUILD
- To create an package you can install typ in:
- After the package compiled completely you can install it.
pacman -U epson-alc1100-filter-1.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
Use Printer in cups
- Before we enter the Epson in our cups, we need a package that convert the printing order in a format that is understandable for the printer.
sudo pacman -S foomatic-filters sudo /etc/rc.d/cups restart
- Now we can configure the printer in cups by using the Webinterface at localhost:631
linux/c1100_arch.txt · Last modified: 23.03.2013 18:46 by eanderalx