Welcome to my Homepage
Here I will collect the things I know or find out.
I'll write about Ubuntu/Arch Linux, Windows, Bash and Perl Scripting, Virtualisation and whatever else that could be interesting.
All I'm going to write here is tested by myself. I don't give a warranty of the functionality on other systems.
If there are questions, suggestions or something else feel free to send me an mail.
I'm also a hobby photographer, for those interested here is a link.
Recent Blog Posts
- Cloning a Virtual Machine (VM) in ESXi without using VMware vSphere doesn't work because in the vSphere Client, which can be also used to manage the ESXi, you have no possibility to do this.
- In the past, it was possible to enable ssh by typing “unsupported”, then you get a terminal and could activate the ssh-server.
- With ESXi 4.1 “unsupported” is unsupported.
- When you using dynamically growing disk in VMware then they grow, but don't reduce its size when you delete files in the virtual machine.
- That's only interesting when you are using VMware Workstation in the server versions the default is a full allocated disk.